Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Let's Go To SEATTLE Washington

Let's go to Seattle
We have to cross the Puget Sound into Elliot Bay. Its a nice 50 minute scenic ride.
The water is FREEZING Cold BRRRRRRR

Seagulls.....you have to watch out though they fly and poop at the same time


We can see the city we are almost there!


Seagulls resting on the ferry

Closer! Yeah!


Theres the Space Needle!

The Seahawks play at Quest and the Mariners play at Safeco

Pulling up to the ferry dock...this is kinda slow takes about 5 minutes to ease in.


Here is the ferry, she holds about 200 vehicles and lots and lots of passengers including pets.


Heading Down Town for some shopping



Street vendor...LOL....No Free Pictures we had to donate first!


More shopping....



Horse and Carriage...they have several of these.
Drew at the very 1st Starbucks...this is where it all started!
A Mexican Market, these are real pepper decorations....they are gorgeous.
Fresh Fruit
OK this is my FAVORITE Coffee Shop....I know its not Starbucks.....this place ROCKS!
Inside Pikes Place Fish Market
Yummy Crab legs ...these are HUGE...LOL......bigger than a small childs arm
This is where we get exotic spices...we purchased Black Sea Salt..it comes from Hawaii




This is the restaurant where Tom Hanks ate in the movie Sleepless In Seattle


Tulips are GORGEOUS!

Dried flowers, rows and rows

Shops in Pikes Place....I will always love Kurt Cobain so much I named my 3rd child Madison Cobain Wilson...Really I did!

More shops

There are 3 floors of shops in Pikes Place Market

It's getting dark now it's time to head back to the pier

One quick stop at the Crab Pot and we had to catch the ferry! I hope you had fun

6 comments:

  1. Thanks for the day trip! I had fun:)

    Lucy
    www.farmersattic.com
    www.farmersattic.blogspot.com
    www.lucy43g.etsy.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. As soon as I read your post title my first thought was Kurt and Nirvana lol. One of my all time fav bands. Thats cool you named your daughter after him. Thanks for sharing your trip.
    Prim Huggs n Blessins
    TJ

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun day!
    I've been to Seattle for just a quick day visit and then gone! Would love to go back and enjoy the sights you just showed us.
    Thanks for the Winter break!
    Hugs, Karen

    ReplyDelete
  4. It sure looks like you had a wonderful time! Thanks for sharing the pics!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You all look like you guys had a ball. I really enjoyed looking at all the pictures. The seafood there looks yummy.

    Thanks for taking us away for the snow here in Mass. I enjoyed the trip!!

    ~Blessings friend~
    Tricia
    Hillcrest Home Prims

    ReplyDelete